I’ll usually only post recipes that work and that I like – I figure that nobody is interested in failures. My recipes are from all over – some are mine, others are adapted from various sources, and some I have no idea where they originally came from. Where I can and it’s relevant, I will credit the source.
I mainly use standard Australian measures (except when it comes to tablespoons 1 Tbsp=3 tsp). In saying this, the more I cook, the more I realise that weight is the most reliable measure, especially with baking. So, I use my electronic scales almost every day and will usually write recipes stating weights.
From time to time, I receive products from various suppliers to test and I mention it when I do. If you are interested in working with me drop me an email.
I’m generally happy for you to link to my blog. I just ask that you credit me – Marija Vidovich, imustgearoundtoit.wordpress.com – and any other sources, and also flick me an email to let me know.
My favourite things
In no particular order, my kitchen wouldn’t be complete without a few appliances and gadgets:
- Kenny (OK, so he’s number one. That’s my Kenwood mixer for those new to the site – and no, they don’t pay me to rave about it)
- citrus zester
- sharp knives
- heavy bottomed fry pans and pots
- baking paper
- electronic scales
- candy and meat thermometers
- a range of cake tins – check out your local thrift store for good quality second hand options
- my Nespresso machine (essential when reading other blogs or recipes)